We work with a variety of Insurance Companies and bill directly. These are;
- AXA PPP and AXA PPP International,
- BUPA and BUPA International,
- Cigna UK,
- TTN & Corpore,
If you hold another health insurance policy not listed please reclaim your fees directly from your insurer.
If you decide to claim treatment costs on your health insurance, you will need to contact your insurance company directly preceding your physiotherapy appointment.
Each insurance policy differs, and we suggest you ensure in advance that your treatment is covered. It’s very important to check whether you need to be referred by a doctor or a healthcare consultant before receiving treatment.
Please be aware that this is your Insurance policy and Wimbledon Physiotherapy cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred. Any appointments you undertake with us prior to getting authorisation from your insurance companies approval, will be charged at the full rate and will not be refundable, in full or in part, once you have approval.
From time-to-time your insurance company may reject a payment due to the limitations of your policy, meaning that you will need to pay us directly such as;
- you have an excess on your policy
- if your policy limit is for example £1000 and the value of your treatment sessions goes over this amount, you will have to pay the outstanding charges.your insurance company may decide to limit the number of treatment sessions you are allowed. If so, you will need to pay for all outstanding treatment sessions.
Other restrictions include;
- your insurance company will not allow you to have 2 appointments on the same day
- your insurance company may set a time-cap for your appointment times
- if you do not present us with the relevant authorisation, or if your employer must authorise treatment then you may not have this benefit available until it is authorised by your employer/organisation. If so, you will need to pay for all treatment until this is resolved.
If any of the above occur you as the patient, who has received treatment from us, will be liable and expected to cover any outstanding monies. It is important to note that you can only claim for physiotherapy assessments and treatments alone.
In most instances you will need to contact the Insurance Company yourself because of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and data protection.
If you need any further clarification please speak with our Practice Manager directly on 020 8542 7788.