If you want relief from a persistent headache or a recurring migraine, quickly and effectively, then our headache relief treatment will provide the most welcome release.
Our headache relief treatment is an expert assessment and therapy, performed by a qualified headache specialist, to assess the source and relieve pain through manual therapy and soft tissue work.
Familiar symptoms include:
- Posterior head or neck pain which may radiate to the temples, eyes or eyebrows
- Ache of moderate intensity
- Tension or neck pain
- Waking up with a headache which worsens throughout the day
- Frequent prolonged history of headaches
- Pain coinciding with menstrual cycle
- Dizziness, nausea, light headedness
- Inability to concentrate and visual disturbances
So why would treatment by an expert physiotherapist specialising in headache and migraine make a difference to you?
Headaches are very easy to treat with physiotherapy, and have quick and effective results. Physiotherapists have the necessary manual therapy skills to assess and treat these joint and soft tissue problems.
Pain that is experienced in the head or face, and originates from the joints or soft tissue in the neck is known as a cervicogenic headache. The nerves from this area in the spine have a direct link with the part of the brain that is associated with headaches.
80% of headaches and migraines come from joint problems in the spine at the top of the neck and are treatable with physiotherapy.
Scans don’t reveal what happens when joints and soft tissues are moving so abnormalities may not be detected using this form of diagnosis. Many headache sufferers have seen their GP, a neurologist or other specialists and have had numerous medical investigations, including an MRI or CT scan without success.
There are over 300 types of headache, including tension headache, cervicogenic headache, migraines and cluster headaches, but many have very similar symptoms.
Headaches may occur as a direct result of trauma, e.g. post motor vehicle accident, a fall onto the neck or shoulder, or a direct compression onto the top of the head.
Poor working or sleeping posture and repetitive or sustained activities e.g. cycling, racquet sports or holding a heavy bag on one shoulder cause headache, with possible contributing factors of stress, age and degenerative conditions.
When you undergo our Headache Relief Treatment:
- We complete a detailed assessment to identify the source of the pain including any influencing factors, e.g. posture correction, ergonomic assessment, thus enabling effective treatment
- Following this detailed assessment we determine whether any structures in your neck are referring pain into your head and or face
- We perform manual therapy treatment in the form of passive mobilisation to the joints combined with soft tissue work to immediately ease pain and discomfort
Click here to download the headache leaflet.